PROGRAM & COMPANY OVERVIEW:
ABB GLOBAL TRAINEE FOR ENGINEERING GRADUATE AND POST GRADUATE(B.E./B.TECH./M.TECH) -Are you ready to lead? Every year, some of the brightest and most talented graduates from all over the world start our global trainee programs. Each of our five programs combines on-the-job and formal training with up to four assignments in two or three countries over 18-24 months. You will get the exposure you would expect from a global leader, experienced mentors, supportive colleagues and the freedom to take your career where you want. All you need, in fact, to create a lasting legacy for the business, for society and for yourself.
All over the world, we work on some of the biggest technical challenges facing business and society today. And, in everything we do, from R&D to after-sales service and beyond, our ability to gather, process and analyze data is fundamental to our success. As an Information Systems global trainee at ABB, you will gain experience through a series of demanding assignments and international placements. The exceptional people you work with, the challenging projects you tackle and the global scale of our business will give you the skills you need to build a world-class career in IS. After successful completion of the program, you will be offered a permanent position in one of our local units.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
With a combination of on-the-job training, formal learning and mentoring, you will build your skills and experience, gaining
insight into all key aspects of IS provision at one of the world’s most innova-tive businesses.
From the beginning, you will contribute to the planning of your own program based on your individual interests and
There are three assignments:
– One six-month assignment in your home country as an introduction to the business.
– One six-month assignment at ABB Headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland, where you will get an over-view of ABB’s
operations and work on a more strategic level.
– One six-to-twelve-month assignment in another country, where you will gain international experience and insights
into the operational aspects of IS.
1 | Global Trainee- IS, Bangalore
Professional Focus Areas
1. IS service delivery
– Infrastructure operation
– Application operation
– Risk management
2. IS architecture
– Corporate roadmaps
– Integrating systems
– Standard setting
3. IS sourcing
– Vendor management
– Contract negotiations
– License management
Recent graduate (Master of Science or equivalent) with good grades in Information Technology or Information Systems
– Not more than 1.5 years of professional work experience (excluding internships) since your mas-ter’s (or equivalent
– Excellent language skills: Fluency in English is required, other languages are a plus
Additionally, we are looking for recent graduates with:
– A global mindset and desire for an international career
– A mature and responsible personality
– Persistence and drive
– Team spirit
– Flexibility and openness to new ideas
– Good communication and social skills
- JOB PROFILE-GLOBAL TRAINEE
- Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Contract type:Regular/Permanent
- Business unit: IS Service Delivery
- Date posted: 2018-07-16
- Job function: Information Technology
- Publication ID: IN65934156_E1