GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2018 – A public sector undertaking, GAIL (India) Limited uses GATE scores for recruitment of graduate engineers. The official notification of GAIL recruitment through GATE 2018 hasn’t been released yet, but is expected around January 2018. In the last session, GAIL recruited 73 executive trainees from Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation, and Business Information System engineering disciplines. GAIL recruitment through GATE 2018, as the name suggests will be open only for candidates who have qualified GATE 2018. The application process for GAIL recruitment through GATE 2018 will be held online. The application process includes entering position details, which in turn includes information like name of post, email ID, and date of birth. Next, the candidates have to enter their personal details and education and experience details. The candidates will also have to share their GATE details, including registration number. Go through the complete article to learn more about the GAIL recruitment through GATE 2018, including important dates related to the application process and eligibility criteria.
Important Dates for GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
|1||Release of GATE 2018 application form||September 1, 2017|
|2||Last Date to submit GATE 2018 application form||October 9, 2017|
|3||GATE 2018 Exam||February 3, 4, 10 and 11, 2018|
|4||GATE 2018 Admit Card||January 4, 2018|
|5||Application Form of GAIL Recruitment available from||January 2018 (Tentative)|
|6||Last date to apply||February 2018 (Tentative)|
Eligibility Criteria for GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
|1||Nationality||Only Indian nationals can apply|
|3||Minimum Pass Percentage||General and OBC (NCL) category: Minimum 65% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam
SC/ST/PwD category: Minimum 60% marks in aggregate
|4||Final year students||At the time of filling application form candidates must have obtained the specified % till the last semester.
However, such candidates must submit their final mark sheet tentatively by 31st August, 2018 and should meet the prescribed eligibility criteria
|6||Age Limit (As on January 20, 2018)
Maximum upper age limit is 56 years (including all
possible age relaxations)
|7||No Objection Certificate (NOC)||Candidates employed in Government/ Semi-Government/ Central / State Government Departments / PSUs should produce ‘NOC’ from their employer at the time of Interview|
Disciplines for GAIL recruitment and GATE Paper Codes
|Discipline||Disciplines/ Branches of Engineering to be considered equivalent against GAIL Discipline||Corresponding
|GATE Paper Code|
|Business Information System||
How to Apply for GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- The application process for GAIL recruitment is held online
- The link to apply for GAIL Recruitment 2018 will be provided on this page once it is available
- The candidate has to click on the link against the advertised job post.
- In the application form of GAIL recruitment through GATE 2018 that opens, the candidate will have to enter the name of the post applied for, email ID and date of birth.
- In the next step, candidates have to choose the qualifying exam, followed by Personal details, and Education and Experience.
- Candidates will also be required to enter their GATE registration number as mentioned in their GATE 2018 admit card.
- Upon successful submission of the application form, a unique GAIL application number will be generated. Candidates need to note it down.
- Candidates should also download and keep printout of GAIL application as it might be required for future reference. They are required to affix a photograph (identical to the one used in GATE 2018) on the application.
Note: The application process described here is based on last year’s notification and will be updated once GAIL releases its new notification.
Additional notes for successfully applying for GAIL recruitment through GATE 2018
- Only those candidates are urged to fill the application form of GAIL recruitment 2018 who meet the prescribed age limit because otherwise they will not be allowed to participate in the process further
- Beforesubmitting the application form of GAIL recruitment through GATE 2018, check that all the information entered is correct and true.
Selection Process of GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2018:
- Candidates will be shortlisted for admission based on their GATE 2018 scores.
- Shortlisted candidates may have to appear in a group discussion (GD)/interview for which they will be sent call letters.
- Post GD/interview, a medical fitness test might also be conducted. Candidates who pass the medical test would be made job offers.
Selection Process for GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
|S.No||Stages of Selection Process||Parameters|
|1||Shortlisting||GATE 2018 marks|
|2||Pre-selection||Group Discussion (GD) & Personal Interviews (PI)|
|Post||Grade||Pay Scale||Basic Pay||Note|
|Executive Trainee||E-2 grade||Rs.24,900 – 50,500||Rs.24,900||Candidates will be retained in same Pay Scale on successful completion of training-cum-probation|
Training-cum-probation: Candidates who get selected as E-2 grade executive trainee have to undergo one year of training-cum-probation. On successful completion of the one-year period, candidates will be absorbed in the same pay scale in E-2 grade.
During and post training-cum-probation, candidates may be posted at any of the installations, projects or offices of GAIL(India) Ltd. or its subsidiaries/joint ventures.
- GATE 2018 Admit Card
- Score Card of GATE 2018
- Printout of completed GAIL application form
- Certificate of Date of Birth
- Class XII Certificate and marks sheet
- Qualifying degree/ Provisional Certificate and Marks sheets
- NOC Certificate from employer (Govt employees only)
- PwD certificate, if required
- Caste certificate (for SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Ex-Servicemen ( relevant certificate)
GATE Cutoff for GAIL recruitment
While GAIL recruites candidates who have qualified GATE, there is a minimum cutoff that the candidates need to meet. GATE 2018 cutoff will be used to shorlist candidates; candidates who don’t score the cutoff will not be considered for admission. The GATE cutoff 2018 will be different for different papers and also vary across categories.
GATE Cutoffs 2017 for GAIL Recruitment
|S.No.||Name Of The Post||UR||OPC (NCL)||SC||ST||PWD (HH)||PWD (OH)|
|1||Executive Trainee (Chemical)||144||215||312||744||–||2440|
|2||Executive Trainee (Mechanical)||70||132||–||2679||41938||–|
|3||Executive Trainee (Electrical)||75||135||999||1086||–||–|
|4||Executive Trainee (Instrumentation)||73||96||–||1188||–||–|
|5||Executive Trainee (Civil)||22||65||–||693||–||–|
|6||Executive Trainee (Business Information System)||68||117||447||–||–||–|
Discipline- and category-wise GATE 2016 cutoff for GAIL recruitment
|S.No||Post||UR||OBC NCL||SC||ST||PwD (HH)||PwD (OH-OL)||PwD (OH, OA, OL)|
|1||Executive Trainee (Chemical)||82||132||333||852||–||–||–|
|2||Executive Trainee (Mechanical)||63||177||–||1666||38555||–||–|
|3||Executive Trainee (Electrical)||63||63||559||1705||–||13168||–|
|4||Executive Trainee (Instrumentation)||25||95||–||696||–||–||–|
|5||Executive Trainee (Business Information System)||175||332||1137||–||–||–||–|
|6||Executive Trainee (Telecom/Telemetry)||43||123||459||1592||–||–||9221|
GAIL Bhawan 16, R.K., Bhikaji Cama Place,
RK Puram, New Delhi,