Quick Facts about NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018
|Name of PSU||National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)|
|Available Posts||Engineering Executive Trainees|
|Disciplines Required||Electrical, Mechanical, Mining, Instrumentation, Electronics|
Important Dates for NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018
|1.||Date for the issue of GATE 2018 Application Form||August 31, 2017|
|2.||Last date for filling the online application form of GATE 2018||October 9, 2017|
|3.||Download of GATE 2018 Admit Card||January 5, 2018|
|4.||GATE 2018 exam||February 3 & 4, 2018
February 10 & 11, 2018
|5||Availability of application form for NTPC Recruitment||January 10, 2018|
|6.||Last date to fill the application form for NTPC Recruitment||January 31, 2018|
|7.||Announcement of the list of shortlisted candidates for test conducted by NTPC||To be notified|
|8.||NTPC Online Test||To be notified|
|9.||GD &Interview||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018
Candidates aspiring to work for NTPC must meet the eligibility criteria for NTPC recruitment through GATE 2018. This includes the age limit, nationality, academic qualification, marks required.
Eligibility Criteria for NTPC Recruitment 2018
|2.||Age Limit as on January 31, 2018||
|Electrical Engineering||Graduation in
|Mechanical Engineering||Graduation in
|Mining Engineering||Graduation in Mining Engineering|
|Instrumentaion Engineering||Graduation in
|Electronic Engineering||Graduation in
GATE Paper Allowed for NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018
|S.No||Discipline Advertised for NTPC||Corresponding GATE 2018 paper||Corresponding GATE 2018 Paper Code|
|5.||Electronics||Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
NTPC Recruitment 2018 Application Form
The application form for the NTPC recruitment 2018 will be available online from January 10. The last date to fill the form is January 31, 2018. Check the steps to fill the NTPC application below:
Steps to Apply for NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Apply for GATE 2018
- After downloading the GATE 2018 admit card, the GATE registration number must be entered in the application form for NTPC recruitment through GATE
- Payment of registration fee (in online and offline mode)
- Uploading of photograph and signature
- Filling the requisite information in the online application form
- Generation of unique registration number
- Take printout of the registration slip and keep it for future reference
Application fee for NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018
Candidates applying for NTPC recruitment 2018 can pay the application fee in an online and offline mode. However, the application fee is different for various categories.
NTPC Application fee
How to pay the application fee through online mode
Candidates can pay the application fee for NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018 through offline mode by following the steps that are given below:
- Candidates will have to take a print out of the pay-in-slip and visit the nearest SBI Branch
- Use the pay-in-slip to pay the registration fee
- After receiving the payment of the registration fee (non-refundable), the bank will provide the unique journal number, branch code of the bank which is collecting the money
- Candidates will have to mention the journal number and the branch code number at the time of online registration
How to pay the application fee through online mode
- Candidates can pay the online registration fee (non-refundable) for NTPC Recruitment 2018 through online mode by using a debit card, credit card, net banking
- The option to pay the online registration fee will appear at the end of the online application form before they click on the submit button.
Details to be filled in the Application Form for NTPC Recruitment 2018
- Candidates will have to fill the GATE 2018 registration number
- Candidates will have to fill their personal and contact details including the email address
- They will have to upload their photograph and signature
- Shortlisted candidates will have to select the online test centre in order to take the NTPC online exam
- The online exam of NTPC can be taken at Bhopal, Delhi, Chennai, Delhi/NCR, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Patna and Lucknow
- Candidates will have to upload their signature and photograph in JPG/JPEG format with the file size of less than 1MB.
Selection Process for NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018
The following steps are followed by NTPC for recruiting the candidates through GATE 2018 :
Steps for selection
|1.||Shortlisting of candidates for online test||Candidates are shortlisted based on their GATE 2018 score. Such candidates will have to appear for a qualifying online entrance test conducted by NTPC.|
|2.||Group Discussion and Interview||Candidates will have to further undergo a group discussion and interview|
|3.||Selection||The final merit list will be prepared based on the GATE Score, Group Discussion and Interview|
Weightage of Marks for Final Selection
|S. No||Parameters||Percentage of marks|
Important points about NTPC Online Aptitude Test and Admit Card
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of the GATE 2018 will have to take an online aptitude test
- The online aptitude test is just qualifying in nature and will not carry any weightage in the selection process.
- Candidates will have to download their admit card which will contain the information of the test venue and attend the test on the specified dates.
- The result for the NTPC online aptitude test will be declared on the same day at the venue.
- Candidates, who qualify the NTPC online aptitude test, will be called for a group discussion and interview the details of which will be intimated to them.
Documents to be brought at the Interview Venue
The list of documents to be brought by candidates to the interview is given below:
- GATE 2018 score card
- Date of birth (Tenth standard certificate and marksheet)
- Certificate/Provisional Certificate/Degree/PG Degree/Diploma and mark sheets of all semesters/years
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Class (non-creamy layer) certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the format prescribed by GOI* (if applicable). Candidates belonging to OBC – Non Creamy Layer must bring caste certificate from the Competent Authority, issued in the Current Year.
- Physical Disability certificate in the format prescribed by GOI* from the Competent authority (if applicable).
- Final year students will have to take an undertaking in the prescribed format that they will furnish the provisional degree certificate or degree certificate of the qualifying exam on or before July 31, 2018. The certificate must clearly mention that the candidates have successfully completed the engineering degree and the prescribed percentage of marks.
- Air ticket and boarding pass in original / Train and bus tickets for reimbursement purposes.
- Two recent passport size coloured photographs
Travel Fare Claim
- The reimbursement will be for “to and fro” sleeper class rail fare (non-AC) from the address that is given on the admit card or the place from where the candidate has actually travelled, whichever is nearer to the place of interview, by the shortest route, on producing the original railway ticket.
- If the candidates have travelled by bus, then the reimbursement will be limited to equivalent sleeper class rail fare from the nearest railway station, subject to production of bus ticket. Local travel expenditure shall not be reimbursed.
- For travel reimbursement, candidates will have to provide a copy of the aptitude test admit card at the interview venue
- Travel reimbursement will be through cheque and it will be sent to the candidates by post
After Selection in the NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2018
Service Agreement Bond – Candidates belonging to the general and the OBC category will have to furnish a service bond agreement for Rs 2,50,000 to serve the company for a period of three years after completion of the training period of one year. Candidates belonging to the Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribe, Persons woth Disability will have to furnish a bond for Rs 1,25,000 for the same duration.
Pay Scale: If selected, candidates will be eligible for a pay scale ofRs 24900-3%-50500. The basic pay during the one year training period will be Rs 24900/- .
GATE cutoff for NTPC Recruitment
Candidates can check the table that is given below as it mentions the GATE cutoff of previous years. The cutoff of GATE for NTPC recruitment will help the candidates to get a fair idea about the probable cutoff scores for the forthcoming session.
Previous Years GATE Cutoff for NTPC Recruitment
|Discipline||Category wise GATE-2017 cut-off marks and rank|
|Cut Off Marks||62.84||59.60||44.35||48.98||31.59|
|All India Rank||206||380||3221||1857||10273|
|Cut Off Marks||81.02||77.26||69.76||62.94||41.89|
|All India Rank||280||638||2010||4300||17332|
|Cut Off Marks||65.95||64.52||56.08||51.28||45.23|
|All India Rank||112||139||632||1279||2570|
|Cut Off Marks||72.35||71.01||60.01||47.02||34.01|
|All India Rank||88||102||371||929||1937|
|Cut Off Marks||82.43||75.85||64.04||66.84||40.11|
|All India Rank||42||179||973||693||7855|
|GATE 2016 Cutoff for shortlisting for GD and Interview|
|Electrical||Cut Off Marks||66.69||61.11||50.93||49.28|
|Mechanical||Cut Off Marks||76.31||68.69||55.83||49.72|
|Electronics||Cut Off Marks||63.74||55.85||47.47||47.1|
|Instrumentation||Cut Off Marks||63.33||55||43||46.67|
|Civil||Cut Off Marks||73.12||70.34||64.84||57.56|
|IT||Cut Off Marks||65.93||55.76||50.71||37.71|
New Delhi, 15 January 2018: NTPC Ltd, India’s largest power conglomerate, has released recruitment plan under Recruitment of Engineering Executive Trainees – 2018 through GATE-2018. Under the hiring plan, NTPC will recruit young Graduate Engineers in the following disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Mining.
Vacant Posts: The total number of vacant posts under Engineering Executive Trainees – 2018 is 150: Electrical (35); Mechanical (55); Electronics (20); Instrumentation (20); and Mining (20).
Key Dates & Application Fees: The online submission of application has commenced from 10 January 2018. The Last date for submission of online application is 31 January 2018.
Candidates belonging to General/OBC category are required to pay registration fee of Rs 150 /- . The SC/ST/PwBD/XSM category candidates need not pay the registration fee.
The candidates should mention the GATE registration number while filling up the application.
Qualification: Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology/AMIE with not less than 65% marks in the relevant disciplines, taking average of all the Years, irrespective of the weightage given to any particular year by the institute/university. Final year/semester students are also eligible however they have to obtain at least 65% marks in their engineering degree.
Upper Age Limit: Upper Age Limit is 27 years as on last date of online application in NTPC (31 October 2018).
Selection Process: Based on the GATE 2018 marks, candidates will be short-listed for further selection process (Online Behavioral/Aptitude Test, followed by GD and Interview). The final merit list will be prepared based on 85% weightage of GATE 2018 marks, 5% weightage of GD marks and 10% weightage of interview marks. For this recruitment scheme only GATE 2018 score will be valid.
For exact eligibility conditions, how to apply and other details, candidates should refer Recruitment Notification, uploaded on the official website of NTPC or its career website.
NTPC Bhawan, SCOPE Complex,
Institutional Area, Lodhi Road,