Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2018: The online application form for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2018 will be available from January 5, 2018. Candidates who qualify in GATE 2018 will be eligible for the Power Grid recruitment through GATE 2018. Interested and eligible candidates must however fill the Power Grid application using their GATE registration number. The final date to submit the filled PGCIL 2018 application form is January 31. Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2018 will be for the post of executive trainees (23rd batch) who have completed their graduation in the disciplines of Electrical, Electronics, Civil and Computer Science Engineering. PGCIL recruitment through GATE 2018 is open only to Indian nationals. Read the full article for more information about Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2018 and know the parameters for eligibility, dates, application process, selection procedure, cutoff, pay scale and more.
Latest: To Apply for Power Grid Recruitment 2018 – Click here
Quick Facts about Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2018
|Name of PSU||Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)|
|Available Posts||Executive Trainees|
Important Dates of PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
|S.No||Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Availability of Application Form||January 5, 2018|
|3||Final Date to Submit Application Form and Pay Fees||January 31, 2018|
|5||Group Discussions and Interviews||May 2018|
Eligibility Criteria of Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2018
Power Grid has stipulated the eligibility parameters for applicants who are interested in applying for the PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018. The details have been listed below for the benefit of all applicants.
PGCIL Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
|1||Nationality||The candidates should be of Indian nationality.|
|2||Age Limit as on December 31, 2017||
|3||Eligible Streams for Recruitment||
|4||Academic Requirements||The candidates should have qualified B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engineering) from a recognized University/Institute.|
|5||Final year students||Final year/semester candidates who will be expecting their results by August 14, 2018 are eligible to apply for the recruitment process. However, these candidates should have a minimum of 65% marks of equivalent CGPA in aggregate till their 7th semester.|
|6||Qualifying Marks||General and OBC (NCL) candidates should have secured minimum 65% marks of equivalent CGPA in the qualifying degree examination.
SC/ ST/ PwD candidates are required to secure atleast the passing marks to be eligible for the recruitment process.
|7||GATE||The candidates will have to qualify GATE 2018 to be eligible for the post. The previous GATE scores will not be considered eligible for evaluation.|
GATE Paper Codes for PGCIL Recruitment
|S.No||Post||Corresponding GATE Paper Codes|
|4||ET (Computer Science)||CS|
Steps to Apply for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2018
It is important to note that the candidates should have successfully registered themselves and appeared for GATE 2018 before filling the online application form for the PGCIL recruitment through GATE. The registration number that is mentioned in the GATE 2018 admit card will be required for the application process. Registrations for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2018 will commence tentatively from the second week of March 2018.
Step 1 – Registration and Filling of PGCIL Application Form
- The link to access the registration portal of Power Grid Recruitment will be available here as soon as it is officially released.
- The candidates will have to register themselves by filling in their personal and academic details along with the GATE 2018 registration number.
- All information provided should match with the details submitted in the GATE 2018 application form.
- Certain documents also have to be uploaded by the candidates as per the required specifications.
- A unique registration number will be generated after the submission of the application form for PGCIL recruitment through GATE 2018. The registration number will act as the password for further login to the account of the candidate.
- The candidates will be able to download their filled application form. An email will also be sent to their registered email ID.
Scanned Documents to be uploaded while Filling Application Form
- Recent colour passport size photograph (Maximum Size – 50 KB, Format – JPG)
- Signature – (Maximum Size – 30 KB, Format – JPG)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- Discharge Certificate for Ex-Servicemen (if applicable)
- Age Relaxation cum Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Last Semester/ Year Mark Sheet for Final Year Appearing Candidates (if applicable)
Step 2 – Payment of Application Fees
The candidates will be able to pay the application fees via Online mode (credit card/ debit card/ net banking/ e-wallet). The candidates will have to pay Rs. 500 as the application fees. Departmental candidates/ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Ex-SM candidates are exempted from payment of application fees.
Online Mode of Payment (Through Payment Gateway)
- The candidates will have to log into their account from where they will be directed to the payment gateway.
- Selection of online method of payment can be done by the candidates. They can choose to pay with either credit card, debit card, net banking or available e-Wallet.
- The transaction ID will be generated after the payment is confirmed and the candidates have to save all of these details.
- In case the transaction status shows failed but the amount has been deducted, then the candidates are requested to wait for 2 hours to check update on payment status.
- If there is no change in the payment status, then the candidates will have to email the authorities quoting the Power Grid registration number.
Selection Process for Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2018
On the basis of GATE 2018 scores, the registered candidates will be shortlisted. The result of GATE 2018 will be announced on March 17, 2018. The further selection process for PGCIL recruitment through GATE 2018 will consist of:
- Group Discussions (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI) for assessment of knowledge, skill, attitude and aptitude.
The candidates will be required to carry their original GATE 2018 admit card and GATE 2018 score card while reporting for the interview. An original photo ID also has to be carried to the group discussion and interview.
During the calculation of final scores, the weightage of marks obtained will be:
PGCIL Recruitment Weightage Parameters
|1||GATE 2018 Score (Out of 100 in Corresponding Paper)||85%|
All candidates will have to qualify personal interview to be considered for empanelment. The qualifying marks for the personal interview for various categories are listed below:
Qualifying Percentage for Personal Interview
|2||SC/ ST/ OBC||30%|
For ET ( Electrical) for disability – OH(OL)/ HH and
For ET (Computer Sc.) for disability- OH(OA/OL/BL)/ HH/ VH only
Details regarding Pay and Probation of Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2018
The selected candidates will have to undergo one year of training and will be paid a pay scale of Rs. 24,900 – Rs. 50,500. After successfully completing the one year of training, the candidates will be retained as engineers. CTC and other emoluments may vary based on the place of posting as well as the terms of appointment. The approximate CTC will include Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, Perquisites and Allowance as per the cafeteria approach, Performance Related Pay, Company Leased Accommodation/ Company Quarters or HRA, Reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure, mobile facility and more. The CTC will be per annum.
Details of CTC Per Annum
|S.No||Time Frame||Amount (CTC per annum)|
|1||During Training Period||Rs. 8.6 Lakh|
|2||After Training Period||Rs. 15.0 Lakh|
Information about Service Agreement
The selected candidates will have to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete their one year training period and to serve the organization for a minimum of 3 years. A service bond for Rs. 1,00,000 has to be executed by the General category candidates while the SC/ST candidates will have to execute a bond of Rs. 50,000.
Previous Year GATE Cutoff for Power Grid Recruitment
The candidates can check the previous years GATE cutoff for Power Grid Recruitment to know the probable cutoff for the present session.
GATE 2017 Cutoff for POWERGRID Recruitment (shortlisting for GD and Interview)
GATE 2016 Cutoff for PGCIL Recruitment (Shortlisting for GD and Interview)
GATE 2015 Cutoff for Power Grid Recruitment (Shortlisting for GD and Interview)