SBI PO 2018 Notification
SBI PO 2018 will be conducted by State Bnak of India to select eligible candidates to the post of Probationary Officer. SBI PO is one of the most coveted jobs in Banking industry and a dream job for millions of aspirants across India. SBI PO is considered as a premium job opportunity in Banking sector because of following reasons:
• Brand value of SBI and reputation associated with SBI-PO post
• Lucrative pay scale which is highest among PSU Banks
• Growth opportunities where even a PO can progress to the level of Chairperson
• Job satisfaction and social prestige
Before beginning with your preparation, you should get an idea about the latest updates, selection procedure, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, previous year cut off etc. Please go through this article to get all the important information for the SBI PO Exam.
SBI PO Notification 2018
SBI PO Notification 2018 will be released shortly by State Bank of India. This recruitment process will start post release of official notification and it will be conducted for selection of candidates to the post of PO in State Bank of India and its Associate banks. The candidates selected are liable to be posted anywhere in India.
Eligible and interested Candidates are required to register online for the recruitment process.The 3-tier selection process consists of Preliminary and Main Exams which will be conducted online, followed by Interview. Candidates must pass each exam to get shortlisted and progress to the next stage. Final selection will be based on merit.
Click here for SBI PO Official Notification 2017
SBI PO Vacancy 2018
The State Bank of India declared a total vacancy of 2403 posts. Out of these, 90 vacancies are reserved for persons with disability. SBI PO Vacancy 2018 is expected to be same as that of last year. The break-up of vacancies is given below:
SBI PO 2018 Exam Dates
The tentative schedule for the SBI PO 2018 exam is as follows. Please note down the important dates related to SBI PO Exam 2018 and make sure to complete the process in time.
|1||On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||February 2018 – March 2018|
|2||Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges||Feb 2018 – March 2018|
|3||Download of call letters for online Preliminary Examination||April 2018 onwards|
|4||Conduct of Online Examination – Preliminarys||April 2018 – May 2018|
|5||Result of Online exam – Preliminary||May 2018|
|6||Download of Call letter for Online Main Exam||May 2018 onwards|
|7||Conduct of Online Examination – Main||June 2018|
|8||Result of Online Examination – Main||June 2018|
|9||Download Call Letter for Personal Interview||June 2018|
|10||Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||July 2018 onwards|
|11||Declaration of Final Result||October 2018|
SBI PO Exam Centre
While filling the online application form, applicants are required to enter their preferred exam centres for SBI PO 2018, based on their convenience. However, the Bank may allot an exam centre other than the choices made by a candidate if there is non-availability of seats at preferred venues.
SBI PO Recruitment 2018
The SBI PO recruitment exam is the most premier among the public-sector bank exams in India. It is considered a little difficult compared to the bank entrance exams conducted by IBPS. The recruitment process for Probationary Officers at SBI consists of 3 stages:
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Main Examination
SBI PO Exam Pattern
The SBI PO selection process consists of 3 stages. The written examinations are conducted online, followed by an interview round. The structure of exams is as follows:
Phase-1: SBI PO Preliminary Examination
This is an online examination where the candidates must solve the question paper in one 1 hour for 100 marks. The test consists of 3 sections and candidates must clear the cut-off for each section. The cut-off or minimum passing marks for each section is decided by the Bank each year depending on the difficult of the test. The section-wise division of the marks is given below:
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 Hour|
Phase-2: SBI PO Mains Examination
The SBI PO Main Exam has a total of 250 marks, consisting of an objective test of 200 marks followed by a descriptive test of 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates must answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer. The Descriptive Test will be administered, immediately after completion of Objective Test. There is separate timing for each section.
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretationy||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||English Language||30||30||40 minutes|
The Descriptive Test has a duration of 30 minutes with a maximum score of 50 marks. This is used to test the writing skills in English Language via Letter Writing & Essay Writing. Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
Penalty for Wrong Answers:
There is a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests of both Preliminary and Mains exams. A wrong answer to an objective question by the candidate will lead to a penalty of one fourth of the marks assigned to that question. For example, 0.25 marks will be deducted as penalty for wrong answer to a question that carries 1 mark. There will be no penalty for leaving a question blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by the candidate.
Phase-3: Group Exercises & Interview
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Exercises and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Exercises & Interview will be as decided by the Bank. Group exercises account for 20 marks while Interview accounts for 30 marks.
Final Score Calculation for SBI PO Exam:
The final score for the SBI PO exam is calculated keeping the following points in mind:
• Marks obtained in the Preliminary Exam (Phase-1) will not be considered for selection
• Candidates must qualify Phase-2 and Phase-3 separately to be eligible
• Marks secured by the candidates in the Mains Exam (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Exercises & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25. This makes the new total score (Mains + GD/PI) to be 100
• The aggregate score out of 100 is used for the final merit list for each category.Candidates with top merit rank in each category are finally selected.
SBI PO 2018 Syllabus
While SBI issues only the broad subjects, they can be further subdivided into individual topics, based on the questions that have appeared in the exams over the past few years.
SBI PO Pre Exam Syllabus
|English Language||Numerical Ability||Reasoning Ability|
|Reading Comprehension||Number Series||Puzzle and Arrangements|
|Cloze Test||Simplification/ Approximation||Inequality|
|Spotting Errors||Data Interpretation||Coding – Decoding|
|Sentence Improvement||Miscellaneous||Blood Relations|
|Fill in the Blanks||Direction senseg|
|Order and Ranking|
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2018
The candidate must fulfill the following two criteria to be eligible for the SBI PO Exam 2018:
• Age Limit: The candidate must be 21 Years to 30 Years as on 01.04.2018 i.e. candidates must have been born between 02.04.1988 and 01.04.1997 (both dates inclusive)
• Educational Qualification: The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they must produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 01.07.2018. Candidates with Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate must ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 01.07.2018. Candidates with Chartered Accountant certification may also apply.
SBI PO Selection Procedure: Important Points
The candidates should keep in mind the following points related to the SBI PO selection process:
• Biometric Verification: To ensure an error-free and secure selection procedure for SBI PO 2018, the bank may digitally capture the thumb impression of the candidate. This is done to verify the genuineness of the candidates. Any inconsistency in the biometric verification will lead to rejection of the candidature and punitive legal actions. Candidates are thus advised not to apply any kind of external matter like ink, mehandi, chemical etc. on their hands.
• Number of Attempts: The maximum number of chances are fixed for each category. Candidates who have used up all the chances are not eligible to apply. Appearing in Preliminary Exam is not counted as an attempt but appearing in Mains Exam is counted.
|Category||Number of Chances|
SBI PO Online Application
The application for SBI PO Exam 2018 has to be done online. To avoid any technical errors please make sure that the web-browser used to fill up the SBI PO 2018 Application form is one of the following:
• Internet Explorer 8 and above
• Mozilla FireFox 3.0 and above
• Google Chrome 3.0 and above
Candidates applying online must have the following pre-requisites:
• A valid Email Id
• Photograph and Signature scanned in the prescribed size
• Application Fee must be paid online so all document required for online transaction
The SBI PO 2018 application form can only be filled on the official website.
Before proceeding with the registration and application process, all candidates are requested to go through the complete guide for SBI PO Online Applicaion
SBI PO Application Fee
The category wise fee structure for SBI PO online application is given below. Fee/Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection. The application fee must be paid online itself. To know more check the complete guide for SBI PO Application
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|1||SC/ST/PWD||Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|2||General and Others||Rs. 600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|