UP PCS 2018 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) releases the notification for the various vacancies in Provincial Civil services (PCS). Candidates, who want to start their career as civil servants, can apply for UP PSC PCS examination. Every year UP PCS examination is held for the posts of civil, servants. Through this examination, candidates will be appointed in various departments under the state government of Uttar Pradesh. UP PCS 2018 Prelims exam will be scheduled to held in the month of June 2018 (tentative) and for UP PCS 2018 Main will be conducted in the month of November 2018. Candidates are advised to fill their application form prior due dates.
UPPSC PCS 2018 Notification
- UP PCS 2018 Written Exam date has declared. The Preliminary exam will be held on 24th June 2018. Click Here to apply for UPPSC PCS.
- UPPSC Exam Calendar 2018 has released– Check Here
Important Dates (Tentative)
|Name of the events of the PCS 2018 Exam||Prelims||Mains|
|Publication of official notification||January 2018||August 2018|
|Closing date to submit application forms||February 2018||September 2018|
|Issue of the admit card||March/April 2018||October 2018|
|UP PCS 2018 Written Examination||24th June 2018||November 2018|
|Results declaration||July 2018||December/January 2019|
- The UP PSC PCS application form will be available via online mode on the official website of the Uttar Pradesh Public service Commission.
- Candidates can visit the official portal of UPPSC is ‘up.nic.in’.
- Candidates will have to enter the required details such as their name and address, valid email ID and phone number etc in the application form.
- Uploading the scanned images like photograph and signature in the application form is necessary.
- Remit the application fee via online payment through DR/CR Card/Net banking/challan.
- The last step involves take a printout of the application form and save the registration number and the password generated online.
- Candidates must be the citizen of India.
- The age of the candidates must lie between 21 years – 40 years.
- Domicile of Uttar Pradesh is required.
- Candidates must hold the bachelor degree of 3yrs from a recognized university.
- Candidates from any stream background will be eligible to apply for the examination.
- Upper age relaxation will be provided to the reserved candidates.
UP PCS 2018 Exam Pattern
UP PCS is divided into three categories
Note- Candidates who qualify the preliminary exam will be eligible to give examination form UP PCS 2018 Mains
Exam Pattern (Preliminary)
- The UP PCS 2018 Preliminary examination will constitute of two question papers.
- The question paper will be of the objective in nature.
- There will be negative marking i.e. 1/4thmarks will be deducted for every wrong response Preliminary examination.
|Name of the Question Paper||Number of questions||Total marks||Total time|
|CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)||80||200 (2.5 marks for each question)||2 Hours|
|General Study||100||200 (2 marks for each question)||2 Hour|
Exam Pattern (Mains)
- UP PCS 2018 Mains will constitute of 8 question papers.
- The 1st and the 2nd question paper will be of General studies.
- There will be 4 question papers of the two optional subjects which candidates have to choose from the list of subjects given in the official notification.
- Candidates will have to write 3 essays in the question paper of the essay writing.
- There will be the question paper of Hindi language too.
- Candidates need to qualify the question paper of the English language as well.
- All the mains question paper will be descriptive in nature.
There is no as such specific pattern and syllabus of the interview. Candidates must be aware of their surroundings, state and should have a good knowledge about contemporary issues. Candidate should be communicative during interview and must keep their views openly before the interview board.
UP PCS 2018 Admit Card
- The admit card will be available on the official portal of the commission via online mode.
- Candidates can download the UP PCS 2018 Admit card from the official portal. The admit card will contain all the details about the examination, date, and venue of the examination, the reporting time etc.
- It will be necessary for the applicants to take admit card at the examination venue otherwise you will not be permitted to give the examination.
UP PCS 2018 Syllabus
PAPER – I General Studies-I (200 marks); Duration: 2hrs
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject spec
- Indian Polity and governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Science
PAPER- II General Studies-II (200 marks); Duration: 2 hrs
- General English upto Class X level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics.
Current events of national and international importance: – candidates should have a good knowledge about Current Events of National and International importance,
History of India and Indian National Movement: – In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement.In History emphasis should be on broad understanding economic, social and political aspects of Indian history( growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence).
Indian and world Geography: – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World involves World Geography only general understanding related to the Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
Indian Polity and Governance:- Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc:- In Indian Polity, candidate economic and culture, questions will be tested, country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development and some special features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development: – Poverty, Inclusion, Sustainable Development, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Urbanization and Environment. General issues on Environmental ecology, Climate Change & Bio-diversity –which do not require subject specialization. Only General awareness of the subject will be required and expected from the candidates.
General Science: – Will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
- Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers etc.
- Ratio and proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound interests
- Work and Time.
- Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations & Remainder theorem.
- Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
- Constructions and theorems, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area, regarding triangle
- Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
Statistics:- Collection of data, Classification of data, tabulation, cumulative frequency frequency, frequency distribution.Representation of data – Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode, Pie chart, Bar diagram, histogram, frequency polygon, comulative frequency curves (ogives)
GENERAL ENGLISH (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
- Active Voice and Passive Voice.
- Parts of Speech.
- Vocabulary & usage.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Transformation of Sentences.
- Direct and Indirect Speech.
- Punctuation and Spellings.
- Words Meanings.
- Fill in the Blanks.
सामान्य हिंदी (हाईस्कूल स्तर तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय
- हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
- शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
- संधि, समास,
- विलोम शब्द,
- अनेकार्थी शब्द,
- पर्यायवाची शब्द
- मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
- तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
- हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
- उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ
UP PCS CUT OFF MARKS 2017 PRE EXAM
LATEST UPDATE dated 29.01.2018: UPPSC has uploaded Cut Off Marks & Marksheet of UPPSC PCS Pre Exam 2017. Due to Tough Paper, Cut Off is decreased by 13 marks. Candidates can check their Marks & Official PCS Pre Exam Cut Off Marks from the link given below…..
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD UPPSC PCS PRE FINAL ANSWER KEY 2017 GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 PAPER 2 SET A, B, C D
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has conducted most awaited Exam in UP i.e. PCS 2017 Exam. This Year’s PCS Exam had something different as First Exam was to be conducted Earlier but Postponed. Another Chance will be given to csat affected Candidates. Finally UPPSC announced Exam Date in their Exam Calendar in between enquirers were on other Posts. There were some talking about change in Mains Exam Pattern like UPSC IAS Exam. UPPSC conducted PCS Pre Exam 2017 on Sunday 24th September. After Exam Candidates must be looking for up pcs answer key 2017 shift wise. Here you will find All updates & UPPSC PCS Pre Answer Key 2017.
UPPSC PCS 2017 Pre Exam : It is well known that UPPSC PCS Pre Exam was conducted with unchanged Exam Pattern. There were Two Papers in Written Exam of 200 Marks comprising of 200 Questions. There is No Negative Marking in the Exam. Paper 1 was of General Studies while Paper 2 is on CSAT Pattern. PCS Pre Answer Keys will be available Shift wise & Paper wise. UPPSC PCS Pre Exam conducted in Two Shifts i.e. 09.30 to 11.30 AM & 2.30 to 4.30 PM. Exam was conducted on 982 Centres of 21 Districts.
Candidates can get Information of UP PCS Cut Off Marks 2017 from this Page Cut Itself. PCS Pre Exam Official Cut Off Marks may different & vary. It depends on Nature of Question Paper, No. of Vacancies, Total No. of Seats. We will provide of You Expected UP PCS Cut Off Marks 2017 after completion of Exam of Both Shifts. Get Updates from this Page itself.UP PCS Pre Cut off Marks 2017 :
- Paper 2 CSAT of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%. So Candidates have to gain 66 Marks in Paper 2.
- It is mandatory for the Candidates to appear in both the papers of Preliminary Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he does not appear in both in papers.
- The merit of the Candidates will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in Paper 1 General Studies of the Preliminary Examination.
UPPSC PCS Pre Cut Off Marks Paper-1 : Dear Aspirants, It is well known that UP PCS Cut Off Marks for Pre Exam will totally depends on Marks in Paper 1 i.e. General Studies Paper. It is well Known that PCS Pre paper 2 is of qualifying Nature & No Marks will be added. So We are providing you Expected Cut Off Marks for Paper 1. Keep in touch with us for updates…
Official Cut Off Marks for UPPSC PCS Pre Exam 2017 is as Follows :-
- General : 128 Marks
- OBC : 128 Marks
- SC : 117 Marks
- ST : 98 Marks
- PWD : 112 Marks
- PWD : 112 Marks
- Female Candidates : 121 Marks
Aspirants require to keep in touch with our website. We will provide all Latest Updates of UPPSC PCS Pre Cut Off Marks 2017 24 September Exam. Bookmark our website (Press CTRL+D) for Latest Updates………….