Volvo Group Human Resources contributes to realizing the vision of the Volvo Group by driving the development of a global team of high performing people to meet the Group’s business needs, and by delivering training and development through Volvo Group University and HR administration and support through HR Services. With Volvo Group Human Resources you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Official Website: www.volovo.com
Job Profile: Analytics – Intern
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc/MBA
Exp Needed: Freshers
Work Location: Bangalore
Last date 14 January 2018
Position Description: Volvo Group International Internship Program
The Volvo Group International Internship Program is an exclusive concept where we invite you, as a student at one of our Preferred Talent Partner universities, to apply for an international internship within the Volvo Group. We are looking for an intern to help us shape a new future, the future of sustainable transport solutions. This calls for an extraordinary person, not only in terms of academic results, but also in terms of innovative thinking and social and communicative skills. Energy, creativity and the will to share your experiences with a team are essential to a successful internship with us. This unique internship opportunity will run for 2-6 months and alternative locations are Sweden, France, India, Japan or the USA.
For further information about the program and our Preferred Talent Partner universities, please visit http://worldwide.volvogroup.com/
Are you proficient in statistics? With great communication and a problem-solving skills looking for an exciting internship in India? If so, you might be the one we are looking for!
Internship position – Analytics – Intern
Short description of Entity/org: Accounting Services is managing Accounting for Accounting and Company Control Organization under Group Finance Function. Accounting Services are mainly situated in Wroclaw and Bangalore, with processes organized as Record to Report, Order to Cash and Purchase to Pay. Accounting Services has been constantly innovating to align with Global Strategy of Volvo. As part of our agenda for 2018, Analytics has been an area that Accounting Services is exploring to see how we can use analytics to drive outcome for Businesses that we support and look at Analytics as a service for our Businesses within Volvo Group.
Short description of the team/group and the responsibility/area of expertise: Accounting Services manages accounting of Volvo Group Legal Entities, Transaction processing like AP/AR and Recording of Journals in General Ledger and assisting in closing the books along with reporting of financial statements. Accounting Services handles data related to not only accounting but inventory/sales/purchasing/capitalization & expenses in Master Finance (SAP). The data that we handle has huge potential for such analysis which can create powerful insights for Business Area/ Region/ Business Division to identify improvements and change or drive outcomes.
Internship tasks/project/goal: Accounting Services wants to leverage Analytics to power the Business that we support with insights which can be useful for the Business and confirm outcome of such actions in Business and manage their business more efficiently.
We are looking for Data Scientist or Analyst to work with us to form our analytics function as a pilot. The person will work with Key Stakeholders to identify a good pilot project to develop tools and strategies to translate raw data into valuable business insights. In this role, we expect you to have strong logical reasoning skills and business intelligence. The ability to communicate effectively is essential. Our goal will be to help our business use data to drive high performance and quality.
The Responsibilities are:
- Understand business needs and objectives
- Develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting
- Define metrics and relevant data sources
- Select, configure and implement analytics solutions
- Extract reports from multiple sources (e.g. operations, IT, customer feedback)
- Build systems to transform raw data into actionable business insights
- Apply Finance knowledge to interpret data and improve performance
Internship length and start date:
- Preferred start on boarding May 2018 – June 2018
- 4-6 months
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor Science /Computer Science, Statistics, Data Management or MBA
- Knowledge of Excel, R and SQL; familiarity with business intelligence & analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, SAS)
- Proficiency in English
- Superb communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to details
- “I can” attitude
- Evidence of leadership experience and/or community service
- Strong grade point average
- Engaged and open personality, involvement in community work and/or student networks
- Team player with passion for new experiences
- Interest in the Volvo Group and in sharing internship experience with fellow students
- Valid passport
- This specific internship position is open to all APP students except from India, since this is an international program.
Location: Bangalore, India
For further information, please contact:
Program Manager Mathilda Kaså Taranger email@example.com
Apply Before the link Expires.
Apply Link-Click Here